How To Apply
Grants are made on an annual basis only to organizations recognized as “qualified donees” by the Canada Revenue Agency. This includes registered charities and municipalities. If you are not certain if you qualify, please contact us.
Not for profit organizations may partner with a qualified donee for a joint project. In this case, there will be additional information about the project partnership and the project partners to consider. The Declaration of Affiliation Form will be required.
Organizations seeking funds must demonstrate a strong and committed volunteer board of directors, fiscal responsibility, and effective management of resources. Partnerships and collaboration are encouraged. Projects that impact the largest number of individuals possible with a modest investment of funds are preferred. In general, grants are approved for needs not met by other funding sources and are not intended to be a primary source of ongoing operating costs, or of major capital projects.
The deadline for grant applications is August 15th each year and funds are generally distributed to successful applicants in late November or early in December.
- Mission Statement or statement of purpose for your organization (not required if qualified donee is a municipality or school authority but required for all other applicants including project partners who are not qualified donees)
- List of Board members (if you are making more than one application, this information need only be supplied once per year)
- Detailed budget for the project, including both costs and revenues
- Copy of financial statement from last year (if you are making more than one application, this information need only be supplied once per year)
- Additional information about the project or the organization you think may be helpful in assessing your application
Upon review of the application, the Foundation may request additional information.
At the conclusion of each funded project the Community Foundation will expect to receive a report accounting for the use of the funds received, an evaluation of the success of the project including at least one photograph representing the project that the Foundation may use for publicity purposes.
Click here to download the Declaration of Affiliation Form (required if applying in a partnership)
Application Deadline: August 15th (each year)
Please mail applications to:
Battle River Community Foundation
Camrose AB T4V 4E7
Deliver in person (make arrangements):
4906 46 Street, Camrose Alberta
If you have any questions, please contact us.