Donor support is what allows the Foundation to help build a strong, long-term future for the communities served.
Donors frequently express satisfaction with supporting the Foundation as an organization that will benefit of local communities forever and is flexible enough to meet a wide variety of evolving needs related to education, health and wellbeing, arts and culture, recreation, environmental welfare, and more.
Can Donors Choose What They Want To Support?
Yes! Donors may direct contributions to create a new fund now or over time; to an existing fund of their choice; to an initiative (such as Reading University); or request a donation flow through directly to a charity.
Donors can also make contributions in memory or in honour of loved ones, in celebration of special events such as birthdays, anniversaries and more. These donations may be directed as above. Tributes are recognised in annual reports and appropriate notifications of donations can be sent.
Why Do People Establish Endowment Funds?
- To ensure specific causes important to the donor are supported forever
- To help build and preserve legacies — Funds can be created in honour or memory of loved ones and perpetuate family names, businesses, or even special events
- To give back to the community
- To ensure fund capital is preserved, with grants made from income
- To take advantage of tax credits- donations are eligible for charitable donation receipts
Ways to Give
There are several ways to make contributions to the Foundation.
Donations may be made by:
- Credit card
- Cheque or cash
- Transfer of securities
- Bequests in a will
- Charitable remainder trust
- Life insurance policies
Please contact us to discuss larger donations or donations made through E-Transfers, estates, trusts, or insurance policies.
Before making large donations, donors are encouraged to consult with their advisors regarding taxation planning and other considerations.
The Battle River Community Foundation is recognized as a charitable organization by the Canada Revenue Agency, with registration number 89211 8688 RR0001.